We'd like to thank our loyal friends that visited our blog on a regular basis. As a group we've decided that we no longer want to post work on a weekly basis but on our own personal schedules. We plan on continuing with the site as more of a reference place for our work than a working weekly blog. Please continue to check in once in a while to see if we've posted new work and always visit our galleries to see what work is still for sale.Thank you for all of your support over the past year.
-Quarterlife Artists

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Late bloomers

I feel terrible for not posting the last few weeks, I wanted so much to have this painting done but the more I worked to just finish it, the more I needed to make it right. These tulips have been waiting to be finished for months and months, a very belated present. As I'm nearing completion I'm really proud of the work I've put into it. Just putting the finishing touches on a few more stems and patching up the background so its a nice solid baby blue (I think the color isn't quite true on the photo). I've also worked to send out two more science illustration applications as backup plans, anxious to hear back soon. Thank you for those who still check up on the site even when my posts have been few and far between.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it just takes time to get things right! I'm with you on preferring to be late and exact rather than early and sloppy! (Or not quite to my satisfaction!)

It's good to hear you're still pursuing the scientific drawing idea. Remember what Churchill said: Never give up. Never give up. Never give up. Never give up...

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Abbey - it can seem like you are falling behind - losing time - etc but that is only because your life so far has been so short that it seems like weeks are a large percentage of your life. As you grow older I think you will find that the time seems to fly by faster but that there is so much of it in a life time that it is ok. Don't write off your dreams or get in such a hurry that you forget to enjoy. You have to stop and smell/paint the tulips.

The DAD