We'd like to thank our loyal friends that visited our blog on a regular basis. As a group we've decided that we no longer want to post work on a weekly basis but on our own personal schedules. We plan on continuing with the site as more of a reference place for our work than a working weekly blog. Please continue to check in once in a while to see if we've posted new work and always visit our galleries to see what work is still for sale.Thank you for all of your support over the past year.
-Quarterlife Artists

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Presently...

This is another portrait of my beautiful grandma when she was young. She passed away 15 years ago but her presence still remains as well as sweet memories. This was her birthday and she would've been 80. I wonder sometimes what she would be like and what she'd think of me now if she were still around. This portrait was done in light washes of color on purpose. I'm currently finishing my tulips painting for a good friend this week. I think you will see more tulips in the future because I love looking at them and I like what they represent--they are one of the first flowers of spring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your grandma would think you're the best artist in the world. She would think you're one of the best granddaughters in the world. She would be thrilled that you remembered her birthday. She would be warmed every time you put your arms around her and held her tight. Her face, voice, everything would smile everytime you phoned, sent a card, or visited. Grandmas can't help it, they just LOVE their granddaughters!