We'd like to thank our loyal friends that visited our blog on a regular basis. As a group we've decided that we no longer want to post work on a weekly basis but on our own personal schedules. We plan on continuing with the site as more of a reference place for our work than a working weekly blog. Please continue to check in once in a while to see if we've posted new work and always visit our galleries to see what work is still for sale.Thank you for all of your support over the past year.
-Quarterlife Artists

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sharing Ideas

I'm still trying to get inspiration for my next big body of work.I'm looking at new sources and trying new techniques. I found a magazine with an article about a family and their home and they had a painting in their kitchen that was amazing.It didn't have an artists or title listed.
I emulated the piece and made my own changes and touches as well.The end result is the diptych below. I cannot take credit for the whole thing, but I translated it into a style of my own.I think it's really hard nowadays to make a totally unique piece of art work. We're always taking ideas and bits and pieces from things we see that others have made.Hopefully this painting will lead me to the next big idea.

No comments: