We'd like to thank our loyal friends that visited our blog on a regular basis. As a group we've decided that we no longer want to post work on a weekly basis but on our own personal schedules. We plan on continuing with the site as more of a reference place for our work than a working weekly blog. Please continue to check in once in a while to see if we've posted new work and always visit our galleries to see what work is still for sale.Thank you for all of your support over the past year.
-Quarterlife Artists

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Bunny



Bunny
Pastel on paper
$20.00

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a cool rabbit. I really feel like you captured the essence of rabbit. Not watership down or the easter bunny but real rabbits. This one looks like it is ready to bound off at any loud noise or sudden motion. Just curious what got you to thinking about rabbits?

The DAD

Unknown said...

oh abbey. you have a gift. there is something in your artwork that touches something really really deep. like human instinct deep. i think you could draw horrible images of death and descruction and still i would want to look at them. It makes me very jealous.

Abbey Adams said...

Thank you both for your inspiring comments this week. I've been feeling stuck and they really brightened up my attitude. I got to thinking about rabbits first because I love animals and lately I've looked towards images that remind me of being young and bunnies are comforting to me. Then I started to develop ideas more specifically that I want to pursue about The White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland. Especially the "I'm late, I'm late!" which is pretty much the story of my life. I also like the imagination and magic and mystery of that story and the journey the rabbit leads Alice on.