We'd like to thank our loyal friends that visited our blog on a regular basis. As a group we've decided that we no longer want to post work on a weekly basis but on our own personal schedules. We plan on continuing with the site as more of a reference place for our work than a working weekly blog. Please continue to check in once in a while to see if we've posted new work and always visit our galleries to see what work is still for sale.Thank you for all of your support over the past year.
-Quarterlife Artists

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

sad day.

Well, Monday was a typical Monday. I was exhausted after having attended a late night art seminar Thursday and then closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday at work. I was going to go to work 8-5, take a quick nap and finish my painting. It being Monday, some guy rear-ended my car and I spent an hour waiting on the side of the road for the police to come.

By the time I got home I was in no mood for painting. I figured I would put it off just a little big longer and go to bed, but get up early and paint and post Tuesday morning before anyone missed me. I have been struggling to get rid of this cold, which may have turned into a sinus infection, and I was up and down all night coughing, with an ear ache, and a head ache, and I finally fell asleep around 5am.

Needless to say, I barely woke up in time to go to my dentist appointment today! Then I came home and took a 5 hour nap. Now I have started my painting and straightened the house a bit. But I'm exhausted and I'm going to go to bed and finish this painting tomorrow. (HOPEFULLY!) I'm working off an inspiration from a Kurt Halsey painting (called For Sleep's Sake of course), and I may do stars or polka dots or something in the background... I've put them in and painted them out twice so far. haha!

So, look for this painting to be finished soon, and for the LAST button in about a week. Thank you all for coming to my pity party, I do feel a little better getting it off my chest!

2 comments:

Kristen Carter said...

Oh Rachel, What a mess!I'm so sorry to hear all of that.Your beautiful new car!
Hang in there.Worry about getting healthy first and then work on the car and then work on the painting.

Anonymous said...

How could so many bad things happen to such a nice woman in such a short period of time? Is it the gods? Is it the weather? Is it the politicians? Is it the global climate change? Oh shoot! It's probably just a little piece of normal life! Take care of yourself and find the time to get this new picture plus the next button done. The world (and Grandma) is (Or should it be "are"?) waiting!!!