We'd like to thank our loyal friends that visited our blog on a regular basis. As a group we've decided that we no longer want to post work on a weekly basis but on our own personal schedules. We plan on continuing with the site as more of a reference place for our work than a working weekly blog. Please continue to check in once in a while to see if we've posted new work and always visit our galleries to see what work is still for sale.Thank you for all of your support over the past year.
-Quarterlife Artists

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Okay...

Hi blog readers.Sorry I'm late getting work up this week. My computer is acting up and then I just haven 't had a lot of time getting this piece I'm working on completed.If I can't get it going soon I'll post something else asap!
I started my job at Pewabic Pottery yesterday.It's going ok. It's so much better than the trucking company...it's much more relaxed and interesting. It's a lot of hard work though. I'm literally hand pressing clay into mold to make tiles for 8 hours. I made 47 tiles yesterday and they told me 7 were bad and had to be broken up. They want me to be making 100 a day.yikes.
We'll see how it goes today.Thanks for haning in with us bloggers while we work out our technical difficulty and life difficulty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They want 100 tiles a day and you put out 47 on your first day! That sounds pretty good to me. You just have to learn to do the job twice as fast with a little better quality control. Don't give up. You were 40% acceptable on your very first day! Lots of people are completely unacceptable for several days when they first begin. And how about George Bush - after 6 years on the job, he's less than 30% acceptable to most people on almost every day! I know you'll outshine him in no time!