We'd like to thank our loyal friends that visited our blog on a regular basis. As a group we've decided that we no longer want to post work on a weekly basis but on our own personal schedules. We plan on continuing with the site as more of a reference place for our work than a working weekly blog. Please continue to check in once in a while to see if we've posted new work and always visit our galleries to see what work is still for sale.Thank you for all of your support over the past year.
-Quarterlife Artists

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Profile of a Twenty-Something Artist: Kristen

I too went to Adrian College and received a BFA in fine arts in 2004. At the time I was pre-art therapy and on track to go to graduate school in Washington D.C..So I went to D.C. and I hated it. Art therapy was not the day job I was looking for while I was creating art and getting it out into the world. (That's its own blog). After convincing everyone that I made a big mistake I moved back to Detroit, and tried several other jobs including painting murals in wealthy homes.

I'm currently working at a great job as an executive assistant for a furniture repair and refinishing company.I love my current job. The economy is terrible though, and I might not have a job next week, but we'll just have to wait and see. I have no idea of what I'll do if that happens. Art school didn't give me the "worst case scenario handbook for artists".I do know that having my art friends ,and our get togethers, has made it clear that we all want to have a reason and a place to showcase what we're making. This is the place!So welcome to our blog. We all agreed that we don't need a big fancy gallery to make us feel like successful artists. So stay tuned and keep checking in to see what's going on with our art and us every week.

Kristen

No comments: