We'd like to thank our loyal friends that visited our blog on a regular basis. As a group we've decided that we no longer want to post work on a weekly basis but on our own personal schedules. We plan on continuing with the site as more of a reference place for our work than a working weekly blog. Please continue to check in once in a while to see if we've posted new work and always visit our galleries to see what work is still for sale.Thank you for all of your support over the past year.
-Quarterlife Artists

Friday, June 15, 2007

Profile of a Twenty-Something Artist: Rachel

My name is Rachel Sherwood and I currently live in Novi, Michigan. I just turned 25 and I am a Department Manager at H&M, a clothing store. It pays the bills, but folding clothes isn't exactly the meaningful, soul fullfilling career I always hoped for. I keep reminding myself that, with time, I'll find something better. Hopefully this website is a stepping stone on that path.

I graduated from Adrian College, Adrian, Michigan with a BFA in Painting and Graphic Design in 2004. At that point I moved to Philadelphia, PA with a program called Teach For America. I taught 7th grade for one year in innercity Camden, NJ. This was one of the most life-changing experiences I've had. I learned a lot about myself, about how to stay sane in even the most demanding situations, and how much alike all people really are.

After that, I took a much less demanding job in retail and moved back to Michigan to be closer to my family and friends. Recently Abbey, Kristen and I have started having monthly dinner parties to discuss art among other topics including finances, romance, and general feelings of doom inspired by being 20-somethings. This blog has come from that colaboration and hopefully will open some doors for us, and inspire others who come to see what we have to say.

Rachel

No comments: