We'd like to thank our loyal friends that visited our blog on a regular basis. As a group we've decided that we no longer want to post work on a weekly basis but on our own personal schedules. We plan on continuing with the site as more of a reference place for our work than a working weekly blog. Please continue to check in once in a while to see if we've posted new work and always visit our galleries to see what work is still for sale.Thank you for all of your support over the past year.
-Quarterlife Artists

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Painting

I've been working on this painting for quite a long time, putting it away when I didn't like the direction it was going in, picking it back up and spending a lot of time with it. I think it's quite close to completion now, a few splotches here and there and I will be satisfied. This is a commissioned piece for a friend of mine, one of the few photos of him and his father...it had been Photoshoped a bit-a "claw" hand put in, a few old cars and some people edited out or covered with grass. It's really a special painting and I hope it turns out just the way I would like. The colors in this picture aren't the best so I may try posting a better shot later on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This piece is very nostalgic. I am sure it will be appreciated. It is a different kind of pressure to capture a peron's memory, but you have done a fine job.

Your patron

Anonymous said...

This looks like a geeat story! I have to think it is grand capturing a moment for someone and putting it on canvas. I have always WISHED I had some artistic talent, but alas, those genes went to one of my brothers, my sister, my son, a couple of granddaughters... Anyhow, I love looking at what others are able to do and marveling at the results!