We'd like to thank our loyal friends that visited our blog on a regular basis. As a group we've decided that we no longer want to post work on a weekly basis but on our own personal schedules. We plan on continuing with the site as more of a reference place for our work than a working weekly blog. Please continue to check in once in a while to see if we've posted new work and always visit our galleries to see what work is still for sale.Thank you for all of your support over the past year.
-Quarterlife Artists

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Scientific Illustration

The past couple months I've been spending a lot of time thinking about my future. I have always been unsure of what I wanted to do in terms of a "career" and how far to take my art background. I wondered what would it be like to go in a completely different direction; I had gotten great grades in science in high school and have always been really interested in nature. It's so hard to make art a career especially in Michigan it seems. Well I applied and got into the zoology/environmental biology program at MSU which is really exciting. When got to talking to some people about my new plans and ideas it was suggested I look into scientific or medical illustration. I found some fantastic sites and realized it could be the absolute perfect fit for my interests. I could study and draw animals and plants and shells...and get paid for it! So I'm in the final stages of a really long application for a killer graduate program at UC-Santa Cruz for scientific illustration. Finishing up a few more relevant pieces for my portfolio which is how the snail drawing came about. Keeping my fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back in school and still drawing - a dynamic path!

Anonymous said...

I will keep my fingers crossed for you as well. However, I don't think this is luck issue. This is about talent, interest, and persistance. You clearly have talent and interest now all you can do is refuse to let the petty stuff jump in your way. You can do it!

The DAD

Anonymous said...

That is a WONDERFUL idea, Abby!! I am excited for you!