We'd like to thank our loyal friends that visited our blog on a regular basis. As a group we've decided that we no longer want to post work on a weekly basis but on our own personal schedules. We plan on continuing with the site as more of a reference place for our work than a working weekly blog. Please continue to check in once in a while to see if we've posted new work and always visit our galleries to see what work is still for sale.Thank you for all of your support over the past year.
-Quarterlife Artists

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Two-lips

My theme is really just making artwork that I wanted to make as gifts, unfulfilled promises to people. The first piece is for my roommate of 3 years at Adrian College, Lindsay, and her new husband Chris. They got married in December and I've started three different paintings for them as their wedding present, all of which got painted over after getting frustrated. I wanted to make something sweet yet simple, something that reminded me of love, growth, and elegance. I think these tulips are going to come out nicely and I really hope they like them. Lindsay put up with a tiny dormroom stuffed with art projects, paint and charcoal covering the floor---I'm happy to give her a finished product. Since this piece is bigger than what I've been working with, it's taking me longer. This has been a crazy week for me too, between going to Adrian for the weekend, working really hard on a Celtic art class that I had to teach at my church, walking dogs and much more. Check back for the finished piece in the next day or two!

No comments: