We'd like to thank our loyal friends that visited our blog on a regular basis. As a group we've decided that we no longer want to post work on a weekly basis but on our own personal schedules. We plan on continuing with the site as more of a reference place for our work than a working weekly blog. Please continue to check in once in a while to see if we've posted new work and always visit our galleries to see what work is still for sale.Thank you for all of your support over the past year.
-Quarterlife Artists

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I want a new.....

I've got cabin fever with my life. If that makes sense. I want something new, but I don't know what it is. I am just bored. Perhaps stuck in a rut. I think the real issue is that I need a new challenge, but I don't know what to go after. I don't know if I want to really put my all into this web business and make it happen, or if I want to put it into my "real" job and go for a promotion. I don't know if I want to put it into myself and get my diet and exercise back on track. Or do I put it into my house and create a perfect little sanctuary? Am I ready to put it into trying to find someone to be in a relationship with?

I just know that I am not feeling challenged right now. Or at least, I don't have any challenges that I particularly want to follow up on. I'm on vacation for a week so hopefully that will help me refresh, recharge, and get out of my run. I need to get my eyes focused on what I have going right for me, and maybe then I'll be able to take on all these challenges at once.

As for my little red button, I think I'll be working on it more. The colors are too intense right now. I want to dull down the background with a little black/grey/brown and get into the button with some more specific detail. I think I want it to take on the feeling of a real Portrait of a button... When I came up with this idea I thought I wanted to paint "huge" buttons on the canvas so that it looked abstract and was just big bands of color. I may go back to that, I may not. We shall see.

Thanks!
Rachel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what? Sometimes life is mundane. That's not bad, it just means you need to get ready for what may hit you next! Your "home" always has to be a sanctuary. That means you feel at ease there and love to return there. It doesn't mean you have to devote your life to it. Keep it clean enough, warm enough, soft enough, convenient enough, beautiful enough.
Your "job" is for earning money. It also takes lots of your time. Be sure it pays you enough and the work you do rewards you enough that you feel you can be there the required hours without feeling "cheated."
The hours that you are not on the job are yours!!! Eat, sleep, take care of yourself and your home, go places, and indulge in your passions. Don't lose too much time sitting and wondering or dreading what to do next.
There really are 24 hours in each day and 7 days in each week. Plan ahead to do the things you need to do as well as the things you want to do. Don't save time for dreading to do something - get it done! Don't spend too much time questioning what you've decided to do - get it done! If something really doesn't work out, ditch it and go to choice #2. Sometimes #2 turns out better, more practical, more fulfilling than #1.
Always remember there are important people in this world that love you and think you are terrific!