We'd like to thank our loyal friends that visited our blog on a regular basis. As a group we've decided that we no longer want to post work on a weekly basis but on our own personal schedules. We plan on continuing with the site as more of a reference place for our work than a working weekly blog. Please continue to check in once in a while to see if we've posted new work and always visit our galleries to see what work is still for sale.Thank you for all of your support over the past year.
-Quarterlife Artists

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Vegetables with a Twist

Corn is a vegetable after all.

I needed something a little more familiar this week. Something warm and comfortable to paint. And corn is my comfort image. If you click on this one you get a HUGE close up, because I think the details in this painting are what make it so amazing. It's small but powerful.

And it's hard to tell if it's lonely being out there, or comfortable. And that pretty much sums up how I felt while working on this painting. I'm just not sure where I am sometimes.

I hope you like it as much as I do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rachel E - I love your corn. I know that you had the whole corn period and I know that you said this was back to something familiar. Still . . . there is something disturbingly unfamiliar with your corn this time. I feel like it belongs on the cover of a Sci-Fi or Post Apocalyptic type book. Not "Children of the Corn" but maybe "The Corn Children."

I didn't just see sunset or dawn on a corn field . . . I saw a sunset on corn fields or maybe the dawn of the rebirth of corn fields. Maybe that is just the luggage that I brought with me but that is what I saw.

The DAD

Anonymous said...

It's definitely not lonely out there. Solitude, yes! Lonely, no! It's not weedy,so no weeding to be done. Not ready to harvest, or perhaps already harvested. Time to just wander through, enjoying the lines and colors of nature with the certain presence of humankind.