We'd like to thank our loyal friends that visited our blog on a regular basis. As a group we've decided that we no longer want to post work on a weekly basis but on our own personal schedules. We plan on continuing with the site as more of a reference place for our work than a working weekly blog. Please continue to check in once in a while to see if we've posted new work and always visit our galleries to see what work is still for sale.Thank you for all of your support over the past year.
-Quarterlife Artists

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Summer Time is Here!

Painting these tomatos was fun. I wanted them to look a little more comic book/pop art rather than specifically realistic. I was excited to throw down some bright crayola colored red and green. The black shadow goes against so much of what I was taught, but I really like it.

I might play with it to make it even a little more coloring book, but I may leave it as is. I also revisited the green beans and I feel better about them now. I think they're really done.

Next week I might go all out and try to do some lettuce. It's crisp and fresh and wonderful. But I keep psyching myself out when I look at it. Maybe I'll end up doing something easier instead? Or perhaps a still life of multiple vegetables???

I guess we'll see soon enough!

-Rachel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though I love green, lettuce sounds too hard and a little boring. How about yellow crookneck squash or egg plant or even your idea of a vegetable still life.

Anonymous said...

I don't think lettuce is boring. Especially the fancy green or red lettuce. I think you should head to a farmer's market and just figure out what speaks to you. Don't force anything. I saw these yellow watermelon the other day and they looked awesome. Peaches, plums, and nectarines are in season too.

Well, that's my two cents. Happy painting and eating :)