We'd like to thank our loyal friends that visited our blog on a regular basis. As a group we've decided that we no longer want to post work on a weekly basis but on our own personal schedules. We plan on continuing with the site as more of a reference place for our work than a working weekly blog. Please continue to check in once in a while to see if we've posted new work and always visit our galleries to see what work is still for sale.Thank you for all of your support over the past year.
-Quarterlife Artists

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Home Again

After a much needed and loved vacation, I'm back home again. My apologies for lack of posting lately. My week long trip in Pentwater was exactly what I needed; I painted, took lots of photos and got inspired again. I am making up the missed pieces while I was gone, so check back the next few days for more.

This piece is a drawing of a blue gill, the fish my grandpa and I caught in his little fishing boat on Bass Lake. Although I haven't been fishing in a long time I can still remember how it felt. We woke up really early when it was still cold outside, put on sweatshirts (so big I was swam in mine), attached his boat to the back of his car and pulled out of the gravel driveway. I remember the foam that formed at the edge of the lake where we backed his boat into the water, the smell of fish and seaweed and trees, trying to hook my wriggly live worm onto my line without poking my fingers and the excitement of watching my bobber go down if I had a bite. Sometimes we threw them back, sometimes we threw them in a plastic bucket that sat out on the deck of the cottage til he gutted them and cooked them for dinner and sometimes, breakfast.

No comments: