We'd like to thank our loyal friends that visited our blog on a regular basis. As a group we've decided that we no longer want to post work on a weekly basis but on our own personal schedules. We plan on continuing with the site as more of a reference place for our work than a working weekly blog. Please continue to check in once in a while to see if we've posted new work and always visit our galleries to see what work is still for sale.Thank you for all of your support over the past year.
-Quarterlife Artists

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Theme: Pentwater

My theme for the next few pieces is going to be related to Pentwater, Michigan. It's a small town on Lake Michigan, just south of Ludington, that my family and I spent a lot of time at. My grandparents built a small cottage in the birch trees that we vacationed in every summer (and a few winters) since I was little and I have lots of memories from. Since my grandma passed away almost seven years ago, we haven't gone as much because it feels a little empty. My art will be reflections of things I remember, did, saw, and felt while "up north." From spending days at the beach building sand castles, eating corn on the cob, going fishing with my Jaja, and watching the Scotville Clown Band play, I miss and love Pentwater. My first drawing is of the S.S. Badger, a car ferry that docks in Ludington and makes the trip across Lake Michigan to Manitowoc, Wisconisin. I remember how enormous and almost scary that ship looked to me, floating in the water, bobbing up and down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lake Michigan makes Pentwater a beautiful place. I'm looking forward to seeing glimpses of your memories.